Dark circles under-eyes, which appear as dark circles on the lower eyelids, are a problem seen in both men and women. This appearance is often accompanied by bags under the eyes, which can make the person look older and tired. Along with fatigue, insomnia is among the most common causes of complaints such as darkening around the eyes and dark under-eyes. Most of the time, under-eye darkening problems do not require medical attention and do not indicate a health problem to be worried about. However, in some cases, these dark circles around the eyes may become difficult to remove and may require aesthetic intervention.
What Causes Dark Circles Under-Eye?
The causes of under-eye dark circles are as follows:
- Insomnia: Not getting enough sleep and excessive fatigue can trigger bruising. This causes a pale and dull appearance on the skin.
- Eyestrain: Looking at the screen of devices such as television, computer, and mobile phone for a long time causes sensitivity in the eyes. When this situation continues for a long time, it causes the veins around the eyes to expand. Therefore, the risk of dark circle formation around the eyes increases.
- Aging: The natural aging process is the most common cause of dark circles. As the person ages, the skin surface becomes thinner and loses its elasticity, and the amount of collagen decreases accordingly. Thus, the veins around the eyes become more prominent.
- Exposure to the Sun: Spending time under the sun for hours causes the melanin pigment to be secreted for a long time. This results in the darkening of the eye area.
- Dehydration: In cases where not enough fluid is consumed, the body’s fluid balance is disrupted. Thus, dark circles appear. As a result, a tired and sunken appearance occurs in the under-eye area.
- Allergy: Allergic conditions can also trigger under-eye formations. In allergic conditions, histamine is released in response to harmful substances in the body. This causes problems such as itching, redness, and swelling in the eyes. Scratching the eyes due to allergies causes thinning of the skin under the eyes and worsening the dark circles.
- Genetics: If family members have genetic under-eye problems, this can also be seen directly in the person. Also, under-eye circles can get worse as you age. It is possible to benefit from some aesthetic applications for the definitive solution to genetic dark circles. Under-eye light filling, laser, and mesotherapy applications provide useful results in this regard. In addition, in some cases, creams for genetic under-eye dark circles and masks for under-eye dark circles may also be recommended by experts.
What Is Good For Under-Eye Dark Circles?
To reduce the dark appearance, you can try natural remedies for dark circles:
- Cold compress application helps to reduce the dark appearance by narrowing the enlarged veins. You can wrap a few ice cubes in a clean towel and apply them to the eye. In the same way, you can see the same effect by wetting a cloth and keeping it under your eyes for 20 minutes.
- The sleeping position also plays a role in under-eye dark circles. During sleep, you can elevate your head with a few pillows to prevent the fluid collection and swelling under the eyes.
- Getting enough sleep helps reduce the appearance of dark circles. To prevent dark circles under the eyes, you need to sleep at least 7-8 hours a day.
The effect of these methods may vary depending on the person. No natural method offers a permanent and definitive solution. You can turn to aesthetic applications for permanent and visible solutions.
Which Aesthetic Solutions Are Used for Under-Eye Dark Circles?
The following applications for under-eye collapse and dark circles can offer solutions according to the needs of the person:
- The filling technique applied under the eyes is ideal for eliminating dark circles and correcting the appearance of the eye area.
- For the treatment of under-eye dark circles, under-eye mesotherapy using a superficial injection technique can also provide successful results.
- Collagen filling around the eyes can be increased with radiofrequency, which is one of the effortless applications for the treatment of dark circles under the eyes.
- Some laser applications are among the preferred methods for solving dark circles under the eyes. In this process, which has a fast recovery process, the results are often satisfactory.
If you are also suffering from under-eye dark circles, you can opt for the under-eye light filling application performed by Vanity Cosmetic Surgery Hospital through internationally certified surgeons, and you can get rid of problems such as under-eye dark circles and sunken eyes. Thanks to the procedure, you can have a more lively and younger-looking eye area. You can contact us for more detailed information about the application.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dark Circles Under Eyes
Frequently asked questions about dark circles under the eyes are as follows:
How Do Dark Circles Under Eyes Pass?
The following methods can be tried to prevent dark circles under the eyes and get rid of them.
- Caring for the bags under-eyes with coconut oil can improve the appearance. Thanks to this oil, which is rich in vitamin E, dark circles can be reduced.
- Putting two slices of cucumber in a little lemon juice and placing them on the eyes also reduces the effects of dark circles and dark circles. However, it is important not to touch the eyes with lemon juice during the procedure.
- Soaking a cotton eye pad in rose water and placing it over closed eyelids for 15 minutes reduces dark circles.
- Soaking two cotton pads in cold milk and placing them under the eyes is good for the appearance of dark circles and the bags.
- Although there are cream types for under-eye dark circles, it is necessary to use them with expert advice. The contents of the under-eye dark circles cream vary on a brand-by-brand basis. You can make the right choice by consulting your specialist for the best under-eye dark circles cream. Those who use under-eye dark circles cream can achieve a clearing in the color of the rings and an improvement in appearance after regular application. In addition, natural methods applied for dark circles are supportive. For permanent solutions, you should prefer aesthetic applications.
Which Vitamin Is Good For Under Eye Darkness?
Some skin turns bruised at the slightest trauma or impact. Vitamin K, on the other hand, provides blood clotting and repairs damaged blood vessels, helps to close leaks, and contributes to tissue collection. Due to this effect on capillaries, vitamin K can be preferred for dark circles.
Under-eye dark circles are a symptom of which disease?
Fatigue and insomnia are the most common causes for bags under eyes and dark circles under the eyes. In addition, sinusitis, depression, kidney and liver disorders, eye allergies, iron deficiency, and thyroid diseases can be counted among the factors that cause dark circles under the eyes.
What Causes Under Eye Collapse?
The main reason for the under-eye collapse is fat loss. Fat loss occurs because the fat disperses over time and slides down the skin. The pits formed in the area called the tear duct can be removed with fillers. You can review our under-eye light filling applications to get rid of bags under-eyes. Eyes also can look droopy or tired due to aging or sometimes they tend to have more fat pads on the eyelids or under the eyes. You can take a look at the Blepharoplasty surgery at Vanity Cosmetic Surgery Hospital to remove excess fatty tissue from the eyelids.
The page content is for informational purposes only. The content of this page does not include items containing information on therapeutic health care. For diagnosis and treatment, you must consult your physician or consult the physicians in our clinic. The content has been written regarding the following sources by Vanity Estetik doctors.